Portwest AP15-SG LR18 Nitrile Coated Abrasion Resistant Gloves
Tested to high abrasion and tear resistant ratings and providing a level B (or level 2) cut resistance, you can rely on the Portwest AP15-SG LR18 Nitrile Coated Abrasion Resistant Gloves to keep your hands protected no matter how demanding your work is. Breathable and flexible, the Portwest AP15-SG will keep your hands cool and dry when undertaking fiddly and intricate jobs that require dexterity, making these gloves a must for demanding, fast-paced work environments.
- Glove Codes:
- EN 388: 2016 + A1: 2018 Rating: 4X31B
- EN 420
- Size Range: 6 - 12
- Supplied as a pair
Resistance of the Portwest AP15-SG Nitrile Coated Work Gloves
The Portwest AP15-SG Nitrile Touchscreen Work Gloves have been tested to the basic EN 420 EU standard for safety gloves, and have also achieved certification for EN 388 standards, or protection against certain mechanical risks. Their ability to protect users from these risks are broken down in the table below.
|Hazard ||Level of Resistance |
|Abrasion Resistance ||Level 4 |
|Cut Resistance ||X |
|Tear Resistance ||Level 3 |
|Puncture Resistance ||Level 1 |
|ISO Cut Resistance ||Level B |
Uses of the Portwest AP15-SG Nitrile Flexible Work Gloves
These lightweight, dexterous gloves can be used for precision applications in all kinds of industries. Due to their flexible composition and tough nitrile coating the Portwest AP15-SG Gloves are dexterous enough for intricate and demanding tasks. Some applications where these gloves are recommended include:
- Component handling
- General handling
- Glass Handling
- Industrial work
- Local authorities
- Materials handling
- Manual handling
- Outdoor work
- Paint applications
- Railway maintenance
Key Features of the Portwest Nitrile Coated Gloves
- Tough abrasion resistant gloves made from recyclable bottles
- Nitrile micro foam coating is ideal for high dexterity tasks
- Anti-microbial finish Texpel MicroTM kills 99.9% of bacteria
- Breathable with moisture-managing properties to keep hands dry and comfortable
- Silicone free construction is ideal for tasks where silicone is problematic
- Micro cup structure for superior grip in wet and dry conditions
- Great for manufacturing, painting, electronics, and glass handling
- Snug and lightweight for fast paced, precision handling tasks
- 18-gauge liner for extra dexterity
- Compatible with touchscreen devices for extra convenience
- OEKO-TEX approved meaning components have been checked for any harmful ingredients
- PET bottle to glove concept for improved sustainability
- Saves 227g CO2 per pair during production
- CE certified and UKCA marked
Sizing of the Portwest AP15-SG Nitrile Foam Manual Handling Gloves
The Portwest Gloves are available in seven sizes that should be suitable for most users. To find your perfect pair, please measure the circumference and length of your palm and match the results to the table below.
|Glove Size ||Palm Circumference ||Palm Length |
|Size 6 (Extra Small) ||152mm ||160mm |
|Size 7 (Small) ||178mm ||171mm |
|Size 8 (Medium) ||203mm ||182mm |
|Size 9 (Large) ||229mm ||192mm |
|Size 10 (Extra Large) ||254mm ||204mm |
|Size 11 (XX-Large) ||279mm ||215mm |
|Size 12 (XXX-Large) ||>279mm ||>215mm |
High Abrasion and Tear Resistance
The Portwest AP15-SG Gloves have the highest possible level of abrasion resistance, and a very high level of tear resistance, meaning they offer reliable protection against scratches and scrapes, and are suitable for handling rough or coarse materials.
They also provide a low level of protection against cuts and punctures, so they can shield against very mild, brief interaction with such risks, but should not be used to work with sharp or splintering objects.
How Dexterous Are the Portwest Foam Nitrile Gloves?
The Portwest Foam Nitrile Gloves are highly dexterous due to their lightweight, stretchy design. They have a thin 18 gauge liner that enables freedom of movement and touch sensitivity, and are partially uncovered for better flexibility.
Are the Foam Nitrile Gloves Water Resistant?
The Portwest AP15-SG gloves have a nitrile coating on their palms and fingers that helps users retain grip even if they are working with wet materials or tools. However, these gloves are not technically water resistant, and should not be submerged in liquid as their backs and wrists are uncoated.
Offers Comfort and Protection
The stretchy nylon and elastic liner of the Portwest Gloves fits snugly against the hand for consistent wearer comfort and a reduced risk of hand fatigue throughout the day. While their nitrile foam coating provides good mechanical protection and grip, it only covers part of the glove so that users can flex their hand without restriction.
Made from recycled plastic bottles, the Portwest AP15-SG Gloves are eco-friendly. Saving 227g of CO2 per pair during production, and allowing for reduced water and energy usage, you can have peace of mind that these gloves have been made with minimal environmental impact.
- Recycled PET Polyester, Nylon, Elastane, Nitrile Micro Foam
- EN ISO 21420: 2020 Dexterity 5
- EN 388: 2016 + A1: 2018 4X31B
- ANSI/ISEA 105: 2016 CUT Level A2