Polyco Hot Glove Short Cuff 250°C Oven Gloves
If you're not a fan of clunky mitts that use a tonne of excess fabric to protect your hands against heat, Polyco Hot Glove Short Cuff 250°C Oven Gloves are the choice for you. Slender in design and resistant to temperatures up to 250°C, they ensure you can safely handle heated trays, pots and pans in the workplace and at home in the kitchen.
- 1 x Pair of Oven Gloves with Fingers (ambidextrous)
- Glove Codes: 9010/7
- EN 407: X2XXXX
- EN 388: 1232X
- Sizes Available: Size 7
- Sold As a Pair
How Do the Polyco Oven Gloves Protect Your Hands?
EN 388: Mechanical Resistance
EN 388 is a European regulation governing the sale of gloves used for safety and protection. It determines the gloves' performance when used for protection against mechanical machinery by measuring the fabric's abrasion, cut, tear and puncture resistance.
|Standard ||Resistance Rating |
|Abrasion Resistance ||Level 1 |
|Cut Resistance ||Level 2 |
|Tear Resistance ||Level 3 |
|Puncture Resistance ||Level 2 |
|ISO Cut Resistance ||N/A |
EN 407: Heat Resistance
EN 407 is a European safety regulation governing the sale of gloves and garments that are resistant to any number of fire, heat and molten related hazards. Please view the table below to find out more:
|Standard ||Resistance Rating |
|Burning Resistance ||N/A |
|Contact Heat Resistance ||Level 2 (250°C) |
|Convective Heat Resistance ||N/A |
|Radiant Heat Resistance ||N/A |
|Resistance to Small Molten Splashes ||N/A |
|Resistance to Large Molten Splashes ||N/A |
Who Can Use the Polyco Hot Glove Nitrile Coated Oven Gloves?
Perfect for lightweight applications where there is a risk of burns or scratches, the Polyco Hot Gloves are well-suited to a number of industries and applications, including:
- Food manufacturing
- BBQ cooking
- And more!
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides great heat protection while keeping the fingers free and dextrous
- Nitrile coating provides better grip than standard oven mitts
- Can withstand 250°C contact heat
- Double layer of knitted cotton is comfortable and dextrous
- 24cm cuff guards against accidental contact with hot trays and pans
- Ambidextrous design for convenient application
Sizing Information for Polyco Hot Glove Heat Resistant Gloves
These short cuff style Polyco Heat-Resistant Gloves are available in a single size which has the dimensions of a Size 7 glove. To find out if this is right for your hands, please measure the circumference of your palm and the length of your hand as demonstrated in the image below.
Once you have these measurements, please consult the sizing chart beneath.
|Size ||Circumference of Hand ||Length of Palm |
|Size 7 ||178mm ||171mm |
How Long Is the Glove Cuff?
Short Cuff Polyco Hot Gloves feature a cuff that's 24cm in length. This helps protect your wrists and lower forearms as well as your hands.
Are Other Sizes Available?
If this size or cuff length aren't right for you, click the link below to see the larger size Hot Glove:
Why Choose These Gloves Over Oven Mitts?
You'll never go back to standard oven mitts after using the Polyco Hot Glove Oven Gloves with Fingers. Compared to oven mitts, these gloves offer:
- More Dexterity: The free-finger design allows you to grip small items and manipulate controls
- Better Grip: The nitrile coating provides a great grip – much better than cotton alone
- More Wrist Protection: The 34cm length option shields your wrists from burns
- Better Durability: Double layer cotton makes these suitable for home use as well as industrial applications
Assistance At Home
Great for chucking on at home, you can throw one glove on in the same time it takes to grab the oven gloves. Their dotted palms are especially helpful for picking up trays, pots, pans and kettles if you have unstable grip or issues with balance.
Professional Grade Protection
Polyco Hot Gloves feature professionally accredited protection when handling heated material with a temperature not exceeding 250°C. Great for industrial, fast paced kitchens where safety can often be compromised by the desire for efficiency, Polyco Hot Gloves are a must have if you're concerned about burning your hands on heated trays and utensils at work.
Can I Wash These Gloves?
Yes, these gloves can be washed. Washing instructions are as follows:
- For best results, machine wash in cold or warm water
- Do not use hot water, as it may shrink the cotton
- Use a normal wash cycle and regular detergent
- Tumble dry on a low setting, then promptly remove the item from the dryer to avoid wrinkles