Ansell AlphaTec 39-122 Food-Safe Chemical Protection Gloves 12.2"
The Ansell AlphaTec 39-122 Food-Safe Chemical Protection Gloves 12.2" are a top-quality pair of safety gloves that are ideal for cleaning, food preparation, automotive aftermarket, and chemical industries. Offering protection from abrasive materials, a selection of chemicals, and contact heat up to 100°C, these versatile gloves will help to keep your hands safe from a small variety of risks. With a rough-finish these gloves also offer optimal grip for reduced risk of slippage during handling tasks.
- Product Code: 39-122
- European Standards Ratings:
- EN388: 4111B
- EN407: X1XXXX
- EN ISO 374-1: Type B: JKT
- EN118: EC-regulation 1935/2004 & EC-regulation 2023/2006
- EN ISO 374-5: Bacteria and fungi
- Available Sizes: 7 - 10
- Quantity: One pair of gloves
AlphaTec 39-122 Resistance
The AlphaTec 39-122 Gloves are designed with an excellent level of abrasion resistance, providing protection for your skin while handling coarse or rough materials. It also has a low-level cut resistance for basic protection against sharp materials in low-risk environments.
|Hazard ||Resistance Level |
|Abrasion Resistance ||Level 4 |
|Cut Resistance ||Level 1 |
|Tear Resistance ||Level 1 |
|Puncture Resistance ||Level 1 |
|ISO Cut Resistance ||Level B |
With these gloves you will also have some protection from contact heat. The Level 1 contact heat resistance enables brief and intermittent handling of hot materials up to 100°C.
|Hazard ||Resistance Level |
|Burning Behaviour ||N/A |
|Contact Heat ||Level 1 (100°C) |
|Convective Heat ||N/A |
|Radiant Heat ||N/A |
|Small Splashes of Molten Metal ||N/A |
|Large Splashes of Molten Metal ||N/A |
EN ISO 374-1:
Ansell's Food-Safe Chemical Protection Gloves have a Type B chemical resistance, and will protect you from the hazardous substances listed below. The gloves will withstand these chemicals on their surface for approximately 480 minutes before they start to permeate the material.
|Chemical ||Breakthrough Time |
|n-Heptane ||>480 minutes |
|Sodium Hydroxide (40%) ||>480 minutes |
|Formaldehyde (37%) ||>480 minutes |
EN ISO 374-5:
These gloves meet the European Standards for protection against bacteria and fungi.
These gloves adhere to the EC-regulation 1935/2004 and EC-regulation 2023/2006 for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs.
Uses Of the Ansell Food-Safe Gloves
The Ansell AlphaTec Gloves protect your hands from hazardous substances and coarse materials, and enable hygienic handling of foodstuffs. These protective gloves are well-suited to chemical, automotive aftermarket, and metal fabrication industries.
Recommended job-tasks for these gloves include (but are not limited to):
- Light-duty chemical handling and processing
- General, low-risk handling tasks
- Handling of rough or coarse materials
- Cleaning and janitorial work
- Food handling
- Food processing and packaging
- Oil, fluids, and filter changing
- Applying a finish to materials
- Adjusting panel parts and components
- Supporting and maintaining production lines
- Repairing and maintaining equipment
- Assembling and disassembling of equipment
Key Features and Benefits
- Pair of reusable, food-safe chemical protection gloves
- Suitable for use in automotive aftermarket, chemical, and metal fabrication industries
- Constructed with a nitrile coating over a cotton liner
- Excellent abrasion resistance enables the safe handling of coarse materials
- Chemical resistant design keeps hands secure from a selection of hazardous substances
- Contact heat resistant up to 100°C for secure, brief, intermittent contact with hot materials
- Glove resistance to bacteria and fungi reduces the risk of contact contamination
- Cotton liner assists with reducing and absorbing perspiration for maximum wearer comfort
- Pre-flexed and curved finger with winged thumbs construction minimises hand fatigue
- Compliant with food-handling standards for hygienic contact with various foodstuffs
- Rough glove finish optimises grip in both wet and dry conditions
- Latex-free construction makes these suitable for latex-allergy sufferers
- Available in a range of sizes to help you to find a comfortable fit
If you want a slightly longer-cuff for your protective gloves, try the Ansell 39-124 Reusable Chemical Resistant Gloves. The 39-122 model is 12.2" total in length, while this alternative 39-124 model is 13.8" total in length.
Sizing Of the Reusable Nitrile Gloves
The AlphaTec Nitrile Gloves are available in a range of sizes, making it easy to find the most comfortable fit for your hands. To discover which size is right for you, start by measuring the length of your hand and the circumference of your palm (as seen below).
Once you have these measurements, compare them to the table below to find out which glove size you should choose. If your measurements fall between two sizes, it's best to choose the larger size for a more comfortable fit.
|Size ||Palm Circumference ||Hand Length |
|Size 7 ||178mm ||171mm |
|Size 8 ||203mm ||182mm |
|Size 9 ||229mm ||192mm |
|Size 10 ||254mm ||204mm |
- Liner: Interlock cotton
- Coating: Nitrile
- Cuff Style: Gauntlet cuff
- Grip Design: Rough finish